Senior Manager, Client Experience – Healthcare
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles or San Francisco, California, United States
The Weber Shandwick team on the West Coast is seeking a Senior Manager for our rapidly growing healthcare practice.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. The Senior Manager will work closely with senior and junior staff members across several teams to provide counsel and manage day-to-day work, in addition to serving as a key client contact.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader with excellent writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into project plans. The candidate should have agency or related experience with a background in healthcare communications. The person in this role will help develop and implement communication programs for a variety of healthcare clients, including pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics, hospitals and health systems.
The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. To be successful in this role, this individual must have experience working on integrated health care campaigns, have exceptional project management, writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into action.
- Work closely with account senior leadership in the development of health communications programs and campaigns, including coordination among interdisciplinary team of research, creative, digital and media strategists.
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of a multi-faceted, integrated campaign, including but not limited to research, creative concepting and production, writing, digital communications, stakeholder engagement, social, earned and paid media.
- Support campaign reporting and manage client status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers.
- Contribute to ongoing healthcare business development.
- Manage account team implementation of agreed upon programs ensuring quality standards are met and desired results are delivered on-budget.
- Lead project management, including development and updating of tools to ensure all activities are moving forward and tracking against deadlines.
- Leverage traditional media as well as influencers and digital/emerging technologies for PR programming.
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Manage event and activation logistics in a variety of settings.
- Identify the training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities which enable staff members to reach their full potential.
- Assist in financial management for clients, including development of invoices and activity reports.
What We Are Looking For
- Fluency and/or familiarity with digital and social media
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives
- Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
- Solid working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Strong presentation skills, poise, and professionalism
- Industry experience in healthcare communications and/or pharmaceuticals
- 5-6 years of experience in health care communications.
- Experience with integrated communications campaigns, including earned, paid, owned channels.
- Experience working closely with several types of teams and ability to support facilitating cross-functional team integration.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously.
- Be a self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
CA Salary Range: $95,000.00 – $110,000.00
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
• 401k (with employer match)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
• MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
• Short-Term Disability
• Paid Employee Family Leave
• Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.